Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Famous Poulet Braisé at Ò'scià , Rue Tiquetonne - Paris


I know about this place from my cousin who had gone here before. She told me the chicken is very tasty, and i should try it. I've been searching and read the review of this restaurant, and guess what??? I found this restaurant is very famous for Asian people especially Indonesian and Thailand.  Almost all Indonesian people went to this restaurant while on the vacation to Paris, only for eat the chicken. My cousin told me that i need to make a reservation first because they always have a full table especially on Saturday night. However, they don't have any email. It's impossible for me to make a phone call from Indonesia to Paris. Luckily, i found their Facebook account. So i just make a reservation by message on facebook.

Metro Exit

I came to this restaurant on my second day in Paris. After shopping at Galeries Lafayette, we took M3 from Opera station, and stopped at Réaumur-Sébastopol. When i walked out from the station, i felt a very different atmosphere here. It's not a touristy place. This place was so quite, and many local peoples. We turned to Rue Montorgueil which is the way to the restaurant.




At this street, I saw a lot of cafes, and shops that sell a variety of fruits such as strawberries, plums, etc. They sell at a very low price compared to the price at the supermarket. I also saw the famous bakery in Paris, Eric Kayser.



Eric Kayser known for its baguette. Everybody knows that you can get the best baguette only at Eric Kayser. I bought a half size baguette. It was almost night so there weren't many options left.


The baguette tasted really good. Even though the outside is hard, but the inside is really soft. No wonder peoples said that Eric Kayser's baguette is the best.

Not far from there, finally we arrived at Pizzeria O'scia. It's located at Rue Tiquetonne, turn left after Hôtel Victoires Opéra. The restaurant was really small. That's why we need to make a reservation.




This isn't a fine dining restaurant. This is an old restaurant, but it makes a homey atmosphere. I saw another guests, they're all Indonesian :D All of them only order the favorite menu, Poulet Braisé. Actually this is so weird. We're at the Pizzeria, but all of them only ordered the chicken. What could I say??? They known for their chicken. So we ordered it too. However, i read some reviews that their pizza also tasted good. Well, I ordered Margherita Pizza for share.


The chicken served with grilled banana with the green sauce on top. They also put a sliced lemon for seasoning the chicken. To be honest, the chicken itself was tasteless. However it became delicious when we ate that with the sauce and the lemon juice. Little bit sour and savory from the sauce make it yumm... The texture of the chicken was also good. It's not too dry at all. Instead the chicken, the banana was my favorite part from that food. It sweet and juicy. I never thought to eat the tasty grilled banana in Paris.

Poulet Braisé  €19

If you like to eat the spicy food, you can try the Chilli which they put on the table. My mother in law said that the chilli was extremely delicious. However it was really really spicy. I didn't  try it because i'm not a spicy lover. I think that's the reason why Indonesian peoples like to eat here. Indonesian love chilli ^^

Beside the chilli, another thing that make this restaurant is popular for Indonesian people, it because they serve the big portion of good quality rice, even though you're not order it. Rice is the main food for the people of Indonesia. However, finding a restaurant that serves rice in Europe is very difficult. But, at O'scià, we can enjoy the hot rice with grilled chicken and very spicy chilli. It's a perfection for us :P


The pizza served, and i was the one who excited with that. I like pizza. And this is my first pizza in Europe. I expected a good pizza as i read from the reviews. I tried it and i thought the pizza dough was really good. Thin but not too crispy. However, the pizza was too salty. I only could eat 1 slice. It was very disappointing.




Well, i like this restaurant. The quite atmosphere, there's no vehicles passing by, i really enjoy it. We were here at Saturday night, and there's a street performance there. You can sit on the table outside to see the performance while you're eating. It will be a wonderful experience.



Eric Kayser 
Address : 16 Rue des Petits Carreaux, 75002 Paris, France
Phone : +33 1 42 33 76 48
Opening hours : Mon - Sat : 07.00 - 20.15
Website : http://www.maison-kayser.com/en/

Pizzeria O'scià
Address : 42-44 Rue Tiquetonne, 75002 Paris, France
Phone : +33 1 75 77 23 18
Opening hours :
Mon - Sat : 12.00 PM - 02.30 PM (lunch) & 07.30 PM - 11.30 PM (dinner)
Sun : 07.30 PM - 11.30 PM (dinner)
Website : http://www.pizzeriaoscia.fr/

No comments:

Post a Comment